Friday, January 2, 2015

Lack of Sexual Attraction in Animals (Thoughts?)

I know it's pretty late for most of us right now. But I have been thinking about my dreams and hopes for the future. I was just watching a documentary about animals and have found myself adding another animal to my list of animals I must see someday. And it randomly reminded me of how there was a study made on a certain species of animal (can't remember the specific species though), where many of that species (roughly about 15% of them) were classified as having a lack of sexual attraction.

And now it makes me wonder if any animal species has an incredibly high lack of sexual attraction? Any thoughts?

God bless,
Ximena

P.S. This also reminds me of an issue mentioned in Understanding Asexuality where the author mentioned that a shark, who was a virgin, managed to reproduce asexually and have a baby without a male shark. Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment